Friday, July 13, 2012

Jennifer Lopez is leaving 'Idol'



Jennifer Lopez announced on Ryan Seacrest's radio show this morning that she is leaving the show.

"I honestly feel the time has come to get back to do what I do," she said. "I had put it on hold because I love 'Idol' so much. You have a lot of other responsibilities and other things you want to do."

"It's been a long thought-out process," Lopez told Seacrest on his syndicated morning radio show. "I signed on to do one year and ended it up doing two years ... I didn't know I would be moved so emotionally working on the show and with the contestants."

"Even last year the decision was super tough. For one year, it was fine but to do it again, I had my movies, my music and this and that. And it worked together for a while but then it gets complicated. It started to feel like it was a lot and something had to give. That's where I am right now. ... I could do Idol' for the rest of my life but that would mean giving up a lot of other things. We had an amazing run."

Lopez is set to launch a tour with singer Enrique Iglesias and is a TV producer, along with Marc Anthony, on Univision's "Q'Viva."

No comments:

Post a Comment