Wednesday, March 4, 2020
High wire artist Nik Wallenda is crazy sht! He'll be walking on a steel cable to cross a volcano in Nicaragua called the Masaya Volcano. It will be aired on ABC, beginning at 8 p.m. EST.
The Masaya Volcano is located 20 km south of the capital Managua. It is Nicaragua's first and largest national park, and one of 78 protected areas of Nicaragua. Masaya continually emits large amounts of sulfur dioxide gas and there's an active lava above ground. This will be his highest and longest walk ever: more than 2,000 feet off the ground and 1,800 across.
Erendira Wallenda, Nik Wallenda's wife posted on on Instagram the event would include "The Biggest Stunt That Nikolas And I Have Ever Done Together." "You’ll just have to tune in and watch," Nik Wallenda said. "She came up to me within the last month and asked about doing something. So she’s doing her own thing, and I’m doing my own thing."
Charmin Ultra Gentle Toilet Paper, 18 Mega Rolls $20.91
Presto! 308-Sheet Mega Roll Toilet Paper $22.25
Cottonelle FreshCare Flushable Wipes $14.99
Clorox Zero Splash Bleach Crystals $13.32
Mountain Falls 99% Isopropyl Alcohol First Aid
Monday, January 27, 2020
The New York Times reported that President Donald Trump told former national security adviser John Bolton in August 2019 that he wanted to continue to withhold nearly $400 million in military aid to Ukraine until top officials there pursued investigations into his political rivals that inlcudes Joe Biden and his son, Hunter.
The publication cited a manuscript written by Bolton. Bolton's to be released memoir of his time in the Trump White House is set to be released in March. Charles Cooper, the lawyer of John Bolton told CBS News he sent the manuscript to the National Security Council on December 30 to comply with a requirement that the material be vetted for classified information before publication.
As for President Trump, he denied a bombshell report that claimed he told former national security adviser John Bolton about a quid pro quo that involved withholding military aid to Ukraine.
Trump took to Twitter to deny that characterization, dismissing the claim as a way "to sell a book."
"I NEVER told John Bolton that the aid to Ukraine was tied to investigations into Democrats, including the Bidens," Trump wrote. "In fact, he never complained about this at the time of his very public termination. If John Bolton said this, it was only to sell a book."
Preorder the BOOK NOW on AMAZON: The Room Where It Happened: A White House Memoir by Simon & Schuster $32.50
The Room Where It Happened: A White House Memoir by Simon & Schuster Kindle Version $16.99
I NEVER told John Bolton that the aid to Ukraine was tied to investigations into Democrats, including the Bidens. In fact, he never complained about this at the time of his very public termination. If John Bolton said this, it was only to sell a book. With that being said, the...— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) January 27, 2020
Saturday, November 30, 2019
Scooter Braun, a record executive whose company has acquired Big Machine records which owns all of Swift’s recordings apart from her latest album, Lover has finally broken his silence on Swift's accusations. Swift posted on her social media that she was stopped to perform her back catalogue at the American Music Awards and on a Netflix special.
Scooter posted on Facebook an open letter to Taylor Swift, he said that he did it because he can no longer stand the death threats against him and his family by Taylor Swift's rabid fans. He even shared a screen cap of one of the threats he got.
"Since your public statement last week there have been numerous death threats directed at my family. This morning I spoke out publicly for the first time saying I wouldn’t participate in a social media war. However I came home tonight to find my wife had received a phone call threatening the safety of our children as well as other threats seen above. I won’t go in to the details of this past week. I have been at a loss. Thinking of my wife and children, my team and their families, I have gone through a range of emotions on how to deal with this. I write this now only after a deep breathe and much reflection. I am certain there is no situation ever worth jeopardizing anyone’s safety."
Taylor Swift Coloring Book: Taylor Swift Fan Coloring Book With Premium Images $5.99
Bling Bling Swift Tshirt for Fans $16.99
He also said that he is very disappointed on her silence “after being notified by your attorney 4 days ago of these ongoing threats,” he notes, “I’m still hopeful we can fix this.” He also said that he was “shocked and disheartened to hear” that his acquisition of Big Machine “caused you so much pain.” He also said that he have already made several attempts to speak with Taylor to “rectify the situation” but says Taylor would not speak to him, noting, “It almost feels as if you have no interest in ever resolving the conflict.”
He concluded that “Many have told me that a meeting will never happen as this is not about truth or resolution but instead a narrative for you. I am hopeful that is not the case. .I continue to wish you the best and hope we can resolve this.”
Wednesday, October 30, 2019
Monday, October 14, 2019
Friday, June 8, 2018
The star host of food and travel shows "No Reservations" and "Parts Unknown," died Friday morning. According to CNN he died by suicide, Bourdain was 61.
Bourdain began his career as a wunderkind in the culinary world, helming some of New York City's most high-profile restaurants. But much of Bourdain's popularity came from his bucking of trends, often speaking out against many of the highbrow conventions of high cuisine.
Bourdain became most well-known for his globetrotting travel and food show "No Reservations," which saw him trek across the world. Often Bourdain would eschew the Michelin-star rated restaurants in favor of street food vendors.
CNN statement regarding the death of our friend and colleague, Anthony Bourdain: pic.twitter.com/MR1S5fP16o— CNN Communications (@CNNPR) June 8, 2018
Tuesday, January 30, 2018
Glee actor Mark Salling is dead from a suspected suicide weeks before being sentenced to prison for possession of child pornography. He was 35.
“I can confirm that Mark Salling passed away early this morning. Mark was a gentle and loving person, a person of great creativity, who was doing his best to atone for some serious mistakes and errors of judgment,” his attorney Michael Proctor tells PEOPLE. “He is survived by his mother and father, and his brother. The Salling family appreciates the support they have been receiving and asks for their privacy to be respected.”
“He was found hanging from a tree in the area of the Los Angeles River in Sunland,” Coroner Assistant Chief Ed Winter tells PEOPLE. Salling was pronounced dead at the scene at 9 a.m. Tuesday and his body is at the coroner’s office. According to Winter, his relatives have been notified of the death and an autopsy is scheduled for the next few days.
An LAPD PIO said that officers responded to a death investigation at the 11900 block of Big Tujunga Cyn Road Tuesday morning at 8:50 a.m. but could not identify Salling.
The Glee star pleaded guilty to possession of child pornography involving a prepubescent minor Oct. 4, 2017. After striking a plea deal in December, he was due to be sentenced in March and expected to serve four to seven years in prison.
“Mark is focused on accepting responsibility and attempting to atone for his conduct,” Proctor said in a statement.
Federal investigators say they found more than 25,000 images and 600 videos depicting child pornography on computers and thumb drives that belonged to Salling. The content depicted children as young as 3 years old being abused, according to court documents.
Salling had to register as a sex offender and enter a treatment program; have no verbal or electronic contact with anyone under the age of 18; stay 100 feet away from schools, parks, public swimming pools, youth centers, playgrounds and arcades; and pay $50,000 in restitution to each victim, according to the documents.
Salling was arrested in December 2015 after investigators said the laptop, a hard drive, and a USB flash drive seized from his residence allegedly contained thousands of images and videos depicting child pornography. (His former girlfriend called police, according to the court documents.) In May 2016, he was named in a two-count indictment alleging he received porn involving young girls. But the trial was delayed that June as he sought new legal representation.